Stay on the Safe Side with Curbside at Reno
Thankfully, 2020 is behind us. And while the prospect of leaving the longest decade of a year behind is exciting — we must remain diligent in our efforts to be clean, safe, and compliant. The Source has remained steadfast in taking every meticulous step to ensure your safety and that won’t stop in 2021.
With the exciting opening of our Reno location in September of 2020, we’ve built a community of Reno cannabis enthusiasts from the novice all the way to the connoisseur. Our Reno team has developed relationships that go far above patient advising and for that, we’re proud. Their commitment to their friends, family, and neighborhood remains the same as our — to keep you safe, provide the most sanitary environment for you to get your cannabis, and work tirelessly to keep on top of our prevention measures
One way that we can work together to better protect that safety of the Reno community is by leveraging opportunities to socially distance ourselves and the shopping experience. You can always stay on the safe side with curbside. Curbside purchases at Reno allow you to get the same cannabis you love, delivered to your car with minimal contact. The process is simple and convenient:
It really is that easy. Our Reno staff have been trained on the latest sanitation protocols and will take care of your order with the utmost attention to detail and cleanliness. Masks are required for curbside — so please make sure you mask up before heading to the store.
Here are some of the steps we are taking to ensure your safety:
- We continue to go above and beyond our already high standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our dispensaries. We believe all cannabis use is medical, and as such we have a heightened awareness for making sure our shelves, floors, door handles and all high-traffic areas are sanitized several times a day.
- We receive our flower in bulk and package it ourselves, following strict protocol with personal hygiene, gloves and masks. No one touches your flower until you consume it.
- We are using UV-C devices during opening and closing procedures to sweep the entire store. UV-C is used extensively in healthcare to disinfect germs, bacteria, and viruses. These will compliment and supplement our existing cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- We are using infrared no-touch thermometers to scan all employees and guests before entering the facility. Individuals with a high temperature will not be allowed in store – guests have the option of shopping via curbside or delivery and employees are sent home and asked to get tested and cleared before returning to work.
- Regular cleaning and sanitation – we continue to adhere to our SOP’s by cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces throughout the day. Change trays and windows are wiped down between every transaction.
- UV filters in the HVAC air handlers – the stores cycle their air through the HVAC system multiple times an hour and these UV filters “scrub” the air of germs, viruses, and bacteria. These have been in place for at least the last 2-3 years and were most recently serviced in February as COVID became a concern.
- Mandatory use of masks – All team members and customers are expected to wear a mask or face covering while in the store. This is now a state mandate issued by the Governor’s office.
- Mandatory use of gloves – All team members are expected to wear gloves, especially when interacting with customers or product. Gloves should be changed or disinfected regularly.
- Frequent hand washing – Hand sanitizer and gloves are not a replacement for frequent hand washing.
- Visibly sick or coughing – Per the emergency regulations, customers who are visibly sick, and especially anyone coughing, are to be denied entry to the dispensary. The use of infrared thermometers will aid in enforcing this – a guest who is coughing, even if not showing a fever, would still be denied entry.
- Commercial cleaning service –commercial cleaning frequency has been increased to 3 days a week during this time to support our cleaning and sanitation efforts.
Both recreational and medical can make curbside purchases at our Reno location, however because our Reno location is recreational only we are offering 10% off for medical patients to offset the normal excise tax they would avoid at a medical location. Please notate “medical” in your order notes and we will make sure to take care of you. If you have any other discounts like veteran or wisdom, please notate those as well.
Our Reno location has three stalls directly in front of their store for convenient parking for curbside. You can find the easy to follow map here on our curbside FAQ page. You must remain inside your vehicle at all times and anyone in your vehicle must be 21 years of age or older and provide a valid government ID as well.
When you arrive for curbside at Reno, please make sure that you have your valid government ID ready and have either your cash payment or debit card ready. We’re happy to be able to accept debit card payments — here’s the lowdown on how those work:
Simply swipe your debit card, you’ll round up to the nearest $5 increment, and your patient advisor will provide you with exact change. On your bank statement, the posted transaction will state “ATM WITHDRAW” followed by the date and our store address. There is a $3.50 transaction fee and your bank may charge you an additional withdrawal fee. Please also be aware of your bank’s daily withdrawal limit.
Still have questions about curbside at Reno? Checkout our in depth curbside FAQ here.
We thank you for all the efforts you make on your end to keep our community safe. Without your participation and diligence, none of this would be possible. We’re thankful to have such a receptive and considerate group of customers and hold pride in being able to serve you. If you ever have any questions, you can always call our Reno store at (775) 473-2555 or use the small chat icon in the bottom right corner of our website.
We look forward to serving you soon.